Know How To Delete Elephant RAT from PC
Elephant RAT is a newly discovered Remote Access Trojan that is used by cyber-criminals behind supply chain attacks against the Vietnamese Government and gamers. There are several legitimate remote access tools are used to solve computer issues remotely but cyber-criminal use remote access tools for malicious purposes such as manage files, install malicious files or remove legitimate program, hijack the webcam and microphone, record keyboard input, collect data from the System clipboard or steal sensitive information.
Remote Access Trojans are containing malware but they can be difficult to detect because they often hide in list of running program. Once installed, it can be used to record key input to steal user’s private and sensitive information’s like as email-address, login credentials, credit card details, password, social security numbers or other data entered with the keyboard of the infected System. Victims can lose access to personal accounts such as social media, email and bank accounts, monetary loss, important file lose and identity.
It can be used to activate the System webcam, microphone, manage files such as rename, download, delete, move them, execute commands via command prompt, restart or shutdown a system and perform other activities. It is common that cyber hacker use Remote Access Tool to proliferate additional or malicious malware such as Ransomware, Cryptominers or other kind of Trojan.
Ransomware can encrypt System files of the targeted System that demands ransom money to decrypt them by the sending demanding ransom note. Cryptominer is used to hike crypto-currency that takes huge resources of the system memory and slowdown overall performance. Trojan is a kind of malware that is commonly used to steal sensitive information and proliferate malware infecitons. If your system is highly affected by this vicious infection then we are highly recommended to remove Elephant RAT without any delay from infected System.
How did Elephant RAT got installed on your System:
Cyber criminal distributed Elephant RAT and other similar threats via emails, downloading program from questionable sources, fake Software updating tools. Spam email is one of the most popular ways to proliferate malware that contain malicious attachments or download link for malicious files. Cyber-criminal send email to the recipient in order to trick recipients into opening a malicious files. The malicious files can be into various formats like as MS Office, PDF Documents, Zip, Archer, RAR and other archive file. Such files pretend to be legitimate, useful and sent through reputable companies. Opening these malicious files causes the execution of malicious scripts that downloading malware.
Downloading system Software from third party downloader site or questionable sources fro downloading Software and files such as free file hosting, free download sites, third party downloaders without checking their installation setup setting such as Advance, Custom or Manual settings. It is can be download while users update the system software via fake software updating tool . using fake software updating tools spread malware either by installing malware instead of updating , fixing, the installed Software.
How To Prevent the Installation of Elephant RAT:
Files and links in received emails that seems suspicious or not relevant should not be trusted especially when they come from suspicious or unknown sender. It is important to check their email body content including grammatical error and spelling mistakes. Any software or files should be downloaded only from official websites and using direct download links. It is not safe to use questionable sources. It is important to read their terms and license agreements. Must select the important setting including Custom, Advance and Manual settings. Installed System Software must be updated thro ugh official activation tools, relevant sources or direct links. It is strongly advice to scan your PC regularly with reputable antimalware tool. If your System is already infected with this vicious infection then we are highly recommended to remove Elephant RAT by using automatic removal tool.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Elephant RAT from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Elephant RAT and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Elephant RAT opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Elephant RAT from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Elephant RAT associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Elephant RAT and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Elephant RAT and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Elephant RAT and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Elephant RAT from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Elephant RAT and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Elephant RAT and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Elephant RAT and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Elephant RAT from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Elephant RAT and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Elephant RAT (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Elephant RAT and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Elephant RAT and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Elephant RAT instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Elephant RAT
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses