Simple steps to delete eFax email virus frequently
eFax email virus is described as spam campaign that has been used to infiltrate Trojan type virus into your PC called Hancitor. Simply said, it is dangerous and notorious computer infection that belongs to Trojan horse family. It is similar to many other spam campaigns such as Sage Invoice, Payslip SPAM and Important Documents IRS. Further, this deceptive email contains a message which states users that they have received a fax message. To enable it, users have to visit on the provided link. Once opened, it downloads Malicious Office document that invade this virus into your PC.
Text presented in eFax email virus email letters:
You have an unread 4 page(s) fax.
Your fax can be viewed online, on our website, by visiting: hxxps://www.efax.com/
For additional assistance, please visit our help center at hxxps://www.efax.com/efax-help-center
Thank you for choosing eFax
Fax Message[Caller-ID: 1-543-276-0865]
You have received a 1 page fax
*The reference number for this fax is at did-1400166434-31309133229-154.
Please download and view Microsoft Word attachment
Please visit www.eFax.com/en/efax/twa/page/help if you have any questions regarding this message or your service
Subject: You have a new fax from eFax!
You have a new fax from eFax! Click attachment to view.
Thank you for choosing eFax!
The eFax Team
P.S. Too busy to answer all your business calls? Let eVoice answer, manage and route your phone calls 24/7. Try a Free 30-Day Trial Today!
Additionally, we can say that such type of email is scam. It is only used to trick users into downloading and opening malicious attachments. Cyber criminals behind this make their emails look like legitimate by claiming that it has been send from some legitimate companies or by government departments. It can damage your entire computer settings and also disable your antivirus program. This notorious system malware infection also brings nasty threats and viruses on your PC. It can replicate into your machine and spread its copies to different system files and folders by using different names.
Apart from this, most of these viruses record sensitive information such as IP addresses, banking information, password etc and pass it to potent cyber criminals who misuse it in order to generate revenue. These chain infections lead to severe privacy issues and significant financial loss. Thus, if you have already opened malicious attachments distributed by using eFax email virus then we recommend you to immediately scan your PC by using legitimate antivirus program and eliminate all detected threats as soon as possible.
How did eFax email virus infect PC?
This virus mostly distributed into your system using spam emails that contain malicious attachments. Once opened, users are asked to enable macros commands otherwise content will be not displayed correctly. Once you enable macros commands, the attachment instantly executes command that silently download and install this harmful Trojan virus named Hancitor. Apart from this, it can also spread through bundled free third party programs, suspicious websites, peer to peer file sharing, infected USB drives, porn or torrent site and many other tricks. After successful intrusion, it will badly damage your computer and block several important programs. Most of the applications fail to work and often get unresponsive.
How to avoid installation of malware?
To prevent this situation you must be very cautious while browsing internet as well as downloading software. Carefully analyze each email attachment. If it seem irrelevant or comes from unrecognizable email address it should not be opened. Further, all programs should only be downloaded using official and trustworthy websites and through direct links. Avoid using third party downloader as it is monetized by using bundling methods. Moreover, keep all installed apps updated using tools recommended by legitimate developers. Always install reliable antivirus program and keep it updated to avoid infection. In order to remove eFax email virus and other infiltrated malware you are advised to remove it as soon as possible by going through reliable antivirus process.
Name: eFax email virus
Threat Type: Trojan, Password stealing virus, Banking malware, Spyware
Symptoms: Trojans are designed to stealthily infiltrate victim’s computer and remain silent thus no particular symptoms are clearly visible on an infected machine.
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments, malicious online advertisements, social engineering, software cracks.
Damage: Stolen banking information, passwords, identity theft, victim’s computer added to a botnet.
Removal: Both automatic as well as manual removal guidelines have been prescribed below under this article.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall eFax email virus from infected Windows PC
The elimination of eFax email virus and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete eFax email virus opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate eFax email virus from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for eFax email virus associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with eFax email virus and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select eFax email virus and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End eFax email virus and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall eFax email virus from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out eFax email virus and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for eFax email virus and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out eFax email virus and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove eFax email virus from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by eFax email virus and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eFax email virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFax email virus
Process B: Automatic Method to delete eFax email virus (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for eFax email virus and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with eFax email virus and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete eFax email virus instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall eFax email virus
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses