Browser hijacked by DIY Guides: Is there any solution?
DIY Guides is also known as search.freehowtotab.com redirect that supposedly provides links to popular how-to-websites. This application is classified as browser hijacker since it promotes fake search engine by modifying internet browser settings. This perilous threat can also show lots of unwanted and annoying pop-ups, ads, banners, offers etc on your browser when you go online to browse internet. Asides causing redirects, they mostly target browsing data. It can also cause frequent redirection of the browser on malicious websites that expose the system security.
Furthermore, browser hijackers are installed on all famous web browsers such as Google chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and others. Once installed on your machine, it will replace the default search engine and homepage of your browser with its own malicious domain in order to promote search.freehowtotab.com. When you will open your browser to surf internet, you will find a new search engine that mostly shows sponsored results and unwanted ads. Basically, users of hijacked browsers cannot remove the address of fake search engine until they uninstall installed browser hijackers.
How did DIY Guides install?
This harmful virus mainly intrudes into your system using various different methods. Some of them are bundled free third party programs and cracked software that you download from unreliable websites. It can also get spread through spam emails, suspicious links, torrent or porn websites and peer to peer file sharing. Once installed, it will prohibit you from reversing the changes it made to your system as well as browser settings. It can also install new toolbars, browser extensions or add-ons to carry out its malicious activities.
Despite this, it can disable your anti-virus program to avoid its detection and removal. Further, apps like DIY Guides often operate as information tracking tools and target details such as entered search queries, IP addresses, visited websites, pages viewed, and other similar data. Sometimes, it might collect your personal as well as sensitive information. It can send your confidential information to hackers for using in illegal activities. So, to fix all such troubles, it is advised to remove all installed browser hijacker immediately.
How to avoid installation of PUAs?
It is ill advised not to use third party downloader/installer and other similar tools for downloading and installing software as it likely offer bundled content. All programs and files should only be downloaded by using official and trustworthy websites. Further, it is important to read terms, study all possible options, use custom or advance settings while installing any applications. Avoid clicking on intrusive advertisements shown on dubious pages as they can redirect people to untrustworthy websites or cause unwanted downloads and installations. Moreover, to keep your system safe and secure from further more damage, you are advised to remove DIY Guides and all infiltrated browser hijacker as soon as possible.
Name: DIY Guides
Type: Browser hijacker, Toolbar, unwanted new tab, Redirect
Functionality: It provides a quick access to various how-to-websites.
Distribution: Through spam emails, bundled freeware, malicious websites, porn or torrent sites, cracked software, file sharing network etc.
Synonyms: modify internet browser settings and insist users to visit hijacker websites and search the web by using their search engines.
Symptoms: Change your homepage and search engine, show lots ads, redirect your searches.
Damage: internet browser tracking (possibly privacy issues), redirect to unreliable websites and display of unwanted and annoying ads.
Removal: Both automatic as well as manual removal guidelines have been described below to remove DIY Guides automatically.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.
||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall DIY Guides from infected Windows PC
The elimination of DIY Guides and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete DIY Guides opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate DIY Guides from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for DIY Guides associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with DIY Guides and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select DIY Guides and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End DIY Guides and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall DIY Guides from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out DIY Guides and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for DIY Guides and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out DIY Guides and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove DIY Guides from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by DIY Guides and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete DIY Guides (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for DIY Guides and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with DIY Guides and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete DIY Guides instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall DIY Guides
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses