Browser hijacked by DictionaryPro: Is there any solution?
DictionaryPro is a piece of malicious software that provides facilities to users so that they can access online dictionaries, spell checking and grammar websites. It operates by modifying browser settings in order to promote an illegitimate search engine named DictionaryPro.co. This cunning malware is created and distributed by group of cyber criminals with an aim to extract huge amount of ransom money by manipulating novice users. Besides this, it posses data tracking abilities which are used to spy on users browsing activity and collect their information. Due to its nasty behavior, it has been categorized as potentially unwanted application or browser hijacker.
Once installed, this type of application reassigns browser homepage, default search engine and new tab in order to promote illegitimate web searchers. Whenever you will open new tab or type any search query into URL bar you will get redirected to fake websites. Due to this, it becomes impossible for users to reset those changes until they removed installed browser hijackers. It also has data tracking abilities to gather their personal details. In short, presence of data tracking apps causes serious privacy issues and even identity theft. So, ensure browser integrity and user safety you are advised to remove all suspect apps and browser extensions immediately upon detection.
How your system gets infected from DictionaryPro?
It commonly gets into the targeted system by the help of freeware, shareware, spam email attachments, pornographic websites and many other unsafe sources. Once this notorious virus comes into your device it will create several types of annoying problems. It will inject its malicious codes into your browsers task manager and infected to firewall security. Despite this, it will also infect registry editor and disable to antivirus security programs. So, in this hazardous situation we provide you some removal instructions that will help you to get rid of DictionaryPro virus successfully on your infected machine.
Complete removal instructions have been described below in step by step manner. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble while performing virus removal process. You can also use reliable antivirus removal tool that has the capability to remove DictionaryPro and all infiltrated browser hijackers automatically from the infected computer.
Type: Browser hijacker
Distribution: malicious ads or popup, free software installers, fake Flash Player Installer.
Functionality: Easy access to online dictionaries, grammar sites and spells checking.
Symptoms: modify internet browser settings and force users to visit hijacker’s websites and search the internet by using their search engines.
Damage: redirect you to dubious websites, monetary loss, display of unwanted ads and internet browser tracking.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic guidelines have been discussed below under this post.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall DictionaryPro from infected Windows PC
The elimination of DictionaryPro and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete DictionaryPro opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate DictionaryPro from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for DictionaryPro associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with DictionaryPro and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select DictionaryPro and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End DictionaryPro and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall DictionaryPro from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out DictionaryPro and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for DictionaryPro and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out DictionaryPro and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove DictionaryPro from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by DictionaryPro and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete DictionaryPro (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for DictionaryPro and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with DictionaryPro and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete DictionaryPro instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall DictionaryPro
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses