Know all about DefaultSearch.co
DefaultSearch.co is a fake search engine that redirects users to the sites containing ads, scams and even some sort of malware. It is promoted by potentially unwanted program or browser hijacker that intrudes inside with some other software download when not enough attention has been paid at the installation moment. This PUP intrudes, modifies the settings and assigns DefaultSearch.co site to the default homepage, search engine and tab page of the popular browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Safari and other installed browsers on the compromised machine. Besides this, the hijacker monitors the users’ web browsing activities all the day.
Problems while surfing internet
The presence of DefaultSearch.co on the browser’s homepage, search engine and tab page might change the appearance of the browser. Initially, the users might happy with the changes. However, soon they find that the changes are not safe when they realize that the restoration to the previous settings option is prevented. Simply, users are forced to visit DefaultSearch.co site once they search on the browser or open any Window/tab.
- IP addresses,
- Search queries,
- Viewed pages
- URLs visited,
- Bookmark saved,
- And etc
Such details could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the details to generate illicit revenue. Their activities might result into huge risk privacy, identity theft and even more severe consequences. To remove DefaultSearch.co, you must need to terminate the browser hijacker application from the system.
How did the browser hijacker intrude?
Browser hijacker type viruses are mostly distributed by deceptive marketing method called software bundling. In this method, stealth installation of some unwanted app takes place with some regular software download. What the developers do is that they attach their app under some third party applications. They hide the installation option of the attached app under the downloaders/installers option of the regular one. Users are unaware of this and install the unwanted app with the regular software download.
How to avoid intruding the hijacker virus?
Avoid any third party websites/links instead of this use only official websites and direct links and pay attention at the installation moment to avoid intruding any attached app. Use Custom option that builds-a-list of attached apps at the installation moment and provides you an option to select the apps that you want to keep inside your PC. Further, it is necessary to use some reputable antivirus tool that prevents any big issues on the computer.
At present since you are already a victim of the hijacker virus and facing the DefaultSearch.co redirects, you must need to run an antivirus scan to the affected PC to get rid of this completely. If you do not believe on any IT skills, here is step by step instruction for you that helps you to remove DefaultSearch.co and its associated files and the PUP manually.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall DefaultSearch.co from infected Windows PC
The elimination of DefaultSearch.co and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete DefaultSearch.co opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate DefaultSearch.co from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for DefaultSearch.co associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with DefaultSearch.co and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select DefaultSearch.co and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End DefaultSearch.co and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall DefaultSearch.co from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out DefaultSearch.co and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for DefaultSearch.co and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out DefaultSearch.co and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove DefaultSearch.co from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by DefaultSearch.co and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete DefaultSearch.co (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for DefaultSearch.co and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with DefaultSearch.co and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete DefaultSearch.co instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall DefaultSearch.co
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses