Detailed Information About COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) & Its Removal
The term COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) in Windows operating system represents to a process used to host one or more OS services on a computer. Technically, the file named dllhost.exe is an executable file which is labeled as Com Surrogate, and is a very important file for Windows to load a number lf DLL files when required by Microsoft’s OS or its applications which are installed there.
When it comes to location of this file, it’s basically placed under C:\windows\system32 or C:\winnt\system32 folders. The two locations actually depends upon the versions of Windows OS you have installed on your computer. Also, the file can be seen located under dllcache directory, and is normal.
Although, this process is very essential for computers, there’s a number of hectic programs which are aware of how to use COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) for its deceptive purposes when gets injected somehow. Such a kind of well known trojan horse program is Trojan.Poweliks. This means, in some unfortunate circumstance, if you come to notice the file or process called COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) is available in Task Manager in multi numbers, and even utilizing more than enough system resources such as CPU or RAM, then there might be the aforementioned trojan has affected your machine.
Apart from Trojan.Poweliks, a number of malware identities are known which uses COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) as a process to disguise itself on infected computers, but their location may vary if compared to original file location as mentioned above. Means, if you see various COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) files on your computer, and its locations mismatches with the location of real one, there might be a malware installed and active on your Windows.
How COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) malware functions on targeted computers?
Since the nature of COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) malware is generic, it can use a number of possible methods to get installed on computers. As per the researchers, this infection install itself by copying its file into multiple directories inside Windows system folders. Later on, the malware also modifies the registry settings to feed its own entries to start itself just after the system boots. here’s the registry subkey that COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) modifies on targeted computers most often.
In case your computer gets affected by COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) malware, this infection may contact its remote host and allow them to access a number of details. It generally performs a series of actions like:
- To report new malware/virus to its creators
- To receive various system configuration or browser configuration as well.
- Downloads more arbitrary files from remote hosts which can be a malware/virus
- Receives and executes custom instructions from remote hosts and runs them on infected computers.
- Uploads various collected files taken or logs to remove hackers for further misuses
How To Remove COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) if detected as malicious?
In case you come to notice COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) copy present on your computer is malicious one, then you should instantly take some recommended measures to terminate the program. To do so, you can get through some manual steps as well as use an automatic solution too if you are seeking a hassle free removal method. Using a powerful security application to remove COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) malware from computer is considered as the safest method because these programs are developed for some specific reasons. Not just they clean an infected system hassle free, but also runs a run time scanner to warn you and protect your system against any such intruders which seeks no permission and tries to modify system settings internally. In such instances, the program will instantly block them in real time, thus prevents your system easily.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) from infected Windows PC
The elimination of COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe)
Process B: Automatic Method to delete COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe)
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses