Easy steps to delete Atlthunk.exe
Atlthunk.exe is a malicious virus processing file which main aims is to mine for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Zcash or Monero. It has Trojan component which is meant for spy on victims’ activities and steal data from an infected computer. In addition, it pasts the installed firewall security measures and performs a range of unwanted and virus activities. Read the article carefully to remove Atlthunk.exe virus from the system.
Type: Miner Trojan
Short description: perform cryptocurrency mining activities and virus activities as well
Symptoms: No particular symptoms is clearly visible when computer is infected with a Trojan virus since it run stealthy
Distribution method: spam email campaigns, bundled downloads, web pages which may advertise it
Damages: personal data stolen, identity theft, slow down of computer performance and even freezes , possibly other malicious malware intrusion
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove Atlthunk.exe
As it mentioned, Atlthunk.exe is a virus process used to begin performing cryptocurrency mining. Once intrudes, it immediately connects the PC to a crypto mining pool – a network of computer combine their mining power to generate cryptocurrencies. In the mining process, a lot of CPU and GPU resources are used. As a result, PCs may begin to slow down or shutter.
Additionally, the processing file has Trojan component in it. Trojans steal stored personal information such as IP address, login credentials, and even banking details and share them to hackers group by connecting remote server to the PC. These people share the details to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data for illicit purposes. There is a huge risk of privacy, identity theft, financial loss and even some dangerous legal issues.
Apart from t his, Trojans steal files, take screenshots, control the audio and microphone, update the miners and control them. Such a virus can download other viruses inside the PC. If somehow, a ransom virus gets inside, it will encrypt all the stored files making them inaccessible until the ransom payment is not done. There are more dangerous viruses that directly target the PC’s settings and create even the permanently damage to it. Don’t wait for the worst to happen. Use some reputable antivirus tool and remove Atlthunk.exe as soon as possible.
How did the infection occur?
Trojans are typically distributed via using spam email campaigns, untrustworthy software download sources, fake software updaters and fake software cracking tools. Spam email campaigns are used to send deceptive emails consisting of malicious attachments. Users are tricked into opening such an attachment by making them as legit and important document. The infection occurs when the clicking is done. Untrustworthy software download sources including freeware installers, free file hosting sites, P2p file sharing networks and etc spread malware by presenting it as legit software. Fake software updaters infect computer by exploiting software bugs and flaws or directly download and install malware instead of providing any update. Fake cracking tools infect computer in similar manner. They bogus tools infect computer rather than bypassing activation key for paid software.
How to prevent computer infection?
In order to prevent computer infection, you must need to be careful when surfing Internet and downloading and installing any software. Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Avoid aforementioned untrustworthy software download sources. Same goes for any software updates. Most of cracking tools cause computer infection. Also, using cracking tool is illegal so avoid it. Think twice before clicking on any spam email attachments. For betterment, use Sphunter or other reliable antivirus tool to provide PC regular update for the installed applications and firewall security measures.
Manual malware removal guide might be a lengthy and a complicated process. It also requires an advanced computer skill. Additionally, Trojans typically create a copy of them and distribute them on each folder and file. Removing these one by one may create some difficulties. Use professional Spyhunter or other automatic malware removal tool to automatically remove Atlthunk.exe from the computer.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Atlthunk.exe from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Atlthunk.exe and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Atlthunk.exe opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Atlthunk.exe from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Atlthunk.exe associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Atlthunk.exe and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Atlthunk.exe and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Atlthunk.exe and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Atlthunk.exe from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Atlthunk.exe and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Atlthunk.exe and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Atlthunk.exe and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Atlthunk.exe from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Atlthunk.exe and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Atlthunk.exe (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Atlthunk.exe and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Atlthunk.exe and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Atlthunk.exe instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Atlthunk.exe
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses