Remove GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 from the system
GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 is a malicious computer infection belongs to a Trojan infection. It intrudes without users’ consent and conducts numerous malicious activities to acquire complete control on the PC. Initially, it makes entry into the boot section and modifies the registry settings to gain the power to activate with each OS reboot. It even alters other vital settings such as PC arrangements, DNS configurations, firewall security measures and even installed antivirus program.
How GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 intrudes?
GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 mostly intrudes with some free-software download. Freeware developers promote the additional module with their program to gain the benefits of pay-per-install scheme. They hide the additionally attached program/app under the Custom/Advanced settings of installation process. Many a user rushes while downloading software/apps any skipping crucial steps at the time of installation. The skipping steps allow the additionally attached program to get install into the device.
Affect on the system
GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 conducts numerous malicious activities while running on the background. It stops several vital features including Task Manager, Control Panel and Registry settings access into the system. It makes multiple copies of itself and spread it on the each and every folder on the hard disk. It deletes many of the stored data, causes applications malfunctioning, leads the hard disk crash, and creates issues with Starting up and shut-down process of the system and many more.
While doing these activities, it consumes the most CPU resources that downgrade the PC behavior. The system could start responding slower than ever before. The threat leads the CPU to run even under high temperature that shortens the CPU life period. What’s more, the nasty threat can manage to open backdoor- connects the PC to remote control server under the cyber criminals.
The cyber criminals can collect stored personal data including IP addresses, login credentials, and even stored banking details. They misuse these details to generate revenue. They could install many other malicious viruses into your device. We recommend you to delete GWCtlSrv.exe.2188, if you have any concerned with your privacy and want your system to not being infected with other malicious viruses. Use some reputable antivirus program to delete GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 from the system.
GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 could be a genuine file installed in your system, particularly when it is located in subfolder of “C:\Program Files (x86)” (generally C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GlassWire\app\). The genuine GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 file works as an executable file of the GlassWire software by SecureMix. So, GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 file could be a genuine file install in your system that could not alter the system performances.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 from infected Windows PC
The elimination of GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete GWCtlSrv.exe.2188 instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall GWCtlSrv.exe.2188
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses