Easy Way To Remove AOL Email Scam
AOL Email Scam is a type of spam email campaign that is used by vicious cyber criminals to deceive novice users into entering AOL email account credentials. In this scam, you receive emails from hackers which state that AOL Mail administrators have just received an account-deletion request from the user. It also mentions that in case you don’t want your account to be deleted, you need to cancel the complete process by tapping upon the given link. However, we highly advise to ignore these emails and don’t click on any suspicious link. The link redirects you to a fake AOL Mail web page which includes a login screen. As soon as you enter the login/password, the details are saved into a remote server controlled by cyber criminals.
Crooks often target those PC users whose system is infected with a potentially unwanted application. AOL Email Scam virus silently infiltrates your computer by stealth without any prior notification and contributes numerous malevolent deeds inside. It bombards your system screen with thousands of annoying ads and pop-ups all over the day and interrupts your web sessions badly. It redirects you to phishing websites where you might be trapped into installing bogus software or buying worthless products. This vicious adware alters critical DNS configuration and restricts you from visiting some of your desired web pages.
It eats up enormous amount of memory resources and drags down the overall PC performance severely. It leads the device to respond slower than ever before and take more than usual time to complete any task. AOL Email Scam virus ruins vital system files which assure efficient computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working normally. It can be also responsible for the infiltration of various other Online parasites in your machine since it exploits the security loopholes and opens backdoors for them. It adds many suspicious domains in the bookmark list and removes some important links from it.
How Does This PUP Enter Your Computer?
It is mostly distributed along with freeware applications that you often download and install over the web carelessly. And hence, it is highly required to use ‘Custom’ or ‘Advanced’ settings instead of the ‘Standard’ one and deselect the additional tools which look suspicious. Aside from this; visiting harmful web domains, sharing peer to peer network, using infected pirated software or torrent files etc. are also major reasons behind its intrusion. So, avoid getting in touch with these malicious sources to keep the device safe and secured. But, at the moment, just follow the simple steps given below and remove AOL Email Scam virus from the machine immediately.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall AOL Email Scam from infected Windows PC
The elimination of AOL Email Scam and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete AOL Email Scam opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate AOL Email Scam from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for AOL Email Scam associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with AOL Email Scam and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select AOL Email Scam and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End AOL Email Scam and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall AOL Email Scam from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out AOL Email Scam and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for AOL Email Scam and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out AOL Email Scam and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove AOL Email Scam from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by AOL Email Scam and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AOL Email Scam
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AOL Email Scam
Process B: Automatic Method to delete AOL Email Scam (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for AOL Email Scam and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with AOL Email Scam and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete AOL Email Scam instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall AOL Email Scam
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses