Delete GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware
This blogs will guide you in removing the GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware virus from your system as well as retrieve the files, encrypted by it.
GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware is a new variant of GANDCRAB Ransomware. It encrypts the stored data and then demands ransom fee to decrypt the files for the further use. It uses the Salsa20 chiper algorithm to encrypt the files. The Salsa20 differs in RSA and AES algorithms in respect that the former can encrypt all files within a minute.
Like other viruses, the ransomware version 5.1 also appends a unique extension name to the encrypted files. Immediate after that, it creates a ransom note that instruct users paying ransom fee as a ransom to get the unique ‘privacy keys’ from which the files are locked. It is capable for encrypting almost all the files including images, audios, videos, documents, databases, archives, backups and presentations.
Should I pay the ransom fee?
Ransomware viruses use some cryptographic algorithm to encrypt the files. One way or another, the algorithm makes the developers to generate a unique privacy keys. They blackmail the victims to pay ransom fee to provide the decryption keys. The main problem is that, they do not provide the decrypter even after the ransomware payment is done. Thus, you must avoid paying ransom fee to the developers rather use some alternate option.
Malicious risk due to the ransomware
The ransomware works in stages. Initially, it alters the PC settings, DNS configurations, Windows Registry settings and other vital settings. These activities allow it to activate all the time with each OS reboot. Once the PC is started, it activates and conducts malicious activities on the background. It stop various installed features such as registry settings, control panel etc to access into the system. IT weakens the installed security measures and antivirus program. It can manage to open backdoor- connect the PC to remote control server under cyber criminals. The cyber criminals could install many other viruses into the system. They could collect personal details stored on the system. Thus, data theft could result in huge risk of privacy. We recommend you delete GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware from the system before much thinking about the files. Use some reputable antivirus program to do that easily and effectively.
How to retrieve the files?
The ransomware prevents you from recovering the files from Windows Registry service. Thus it is necessary to remove GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware from the system before retrieving the files. After removing the files, try to restore the files by using any existing backup, if created. You have to rely on the existing back till any free decryption software is created for this ransomware. A shadows copy of OS as well is initially deleted by the threat.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware
Process B: Automatic Method to delete GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall GANDCRAB 5.1 (v5.1) Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses