Tips To Remove WebCompanion.exe (Step By Step Process)
This article will give you complete information about WebCompanion.exe as well as you will get some recommended tips to delete it from System. You can read this article for learning or educational purpose also. According to Cyber security experts, it is very devastating malware and computer infection that is belongs to potentially unwanted program (PUP) category. It is bogus System tool developed by Lavasoft. Its aim is to steal your all crucial & confidential information and share it to hacker or illegal ones that cause serious troubles. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
What is WebCompanion.exe or Web Companion?
According to lavasoft’s developer, Web Companion is genuine software or System tool that has the extra layer of protection by blocking unwanted program like adware or browser hijackers. Once this tool installed, it runs WebCompanion.exe executable file on your computer to open Web Companion System Tool. This security tool scans your PCs and detects lots of junk files or viruses in your machine. It can show false positive and mislead its vicitims into believing that they are infected by bogus viruses.
In order to delete junk files detected by Web Companion, it asks you to purchase the license or updated version from internet. It pushes its paid version as only way to fix the issues that are detected. According to security researchers, it might possible that this security tool looks like genuine software and it helps you in many cases. However, it is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is come under Cyber threats. It spreads series of adware in your computer and corrupt major genuine functions of your computer immediately. So, it is important to delete this malware from machine.
You may also read: How to remove RobbinHood ransomware and recover the encrypted files
Web Companion System Tool is detected as PUP by security researchers
WebCompanion.exe is a kind of potentially unwanted program which upon sneaking into your computer, contributes numerous malicious activities inside and wreaks havoc onto the machine. It bombards your system screen with a number of annoying ads and pop-ups all over the day and interrupts your web sessions badly. It redirects you to third-party web pages where numerous sponsored stuffs are promoted and makes commission for the authors with each redirection. This notorious adware may also lead you to phishing websites where you might be trapped into installing bogus software or buying worthless products. WebCompanion.exe alters critical DNS configuration and restricts you from visiting some of your desired web pages.
Harmful Properties of WebCompanion.exe or Web Companion Software
This nasty parasite is able to monitor your web activities and steal your personal information like user ids, passwords, credit card number, bank account and other financial details. Later on, it shares those stuffs with hackers for evil purposes and leads you to be a victim of cyber-crime or Online scam. It eats up enormous amount of CPU resources and drags down the overall PC performance severely. Due to this, machine starts responding slower than ever before and takes more than usual time to complete any task like opening any file or application, starting-up or shutting down the Window and so on. WebCompanion.exe removes some important links from the bookmark list and adds many suspicious domains in it.
WebCompanion.exe shows bogus security alert messages or notifications
It displays fake update notifications stating that your Java player is out-dated and needs to be updated quickly to avoid serious threats. You are also given an update link but we highly advise to not tap upon it. Remember, this is just a scam to make you fool into installing vicious software so that the hackers could get access to your PC. The moment you click on the given link, an infectious program gets downloaded automatically. This nasty PUP can be also responsible for the infiltration of many other Online parasites in the compromised system because it exploits the security loopholes and opens backdoors for them. WebCompanion.exe may easily bring other hazardous threats such as Trojans, rootkits, worms, spyware etc. in your computer and turn it into a malware-hub.
How Does Web Companion PUP Enter Your Device?
‘Bundling’ is the most common technique through which such kind of malware infections are distributed. Third parties attach additional components along with their programs in order to make pay per install revenues. But, it can be avoided by choosing Custom/Advanced settings instead of the ‘Default’ one. Here you can deselect the unwanted tools which look suspicious and select only the main program. But, in case your PC is already infected with WebCompanion.exe, you are highly advised to remove this virus from the work-station without wasting any time.
You may also read: [Solution] How to remove [[email protected]].Good ransomware from PCs
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall WebCompanion.exe from infected Windows PC
The elimination of WebCompanion.exe and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete WebCompanion.exe opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate WebCompanion.exe from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for WebCompanion.exe associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with WebCompanion.exe and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select WebCompanion.exe and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End WebCompanion.exe and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall WebCompanion.exe from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out WebCompanion.exe and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for WebCompanion.exe and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out WebCompanion.exe and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove WebCompanion.exe from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by WebCompanion.exe and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete WebCompanion.exe (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for WebCompanion.exe and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with WebCompanion.exe and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete WebCompanion.exe instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall WebCompanion.exe
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses