Easy Way To Remove GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware
GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware is a new variant of well-known GandCrab Ransomware that has been infecting the Windows PCs since long time. It seems that cyber criminals are not stopping and keep generating new versions of this hazardous file-encrypting virus from time to time. First of all, the latest variant has recently appeared and as per the depth analysis, it is able to compromise almost all Windows based computer systems including the latest Win 10. Similar to other malware infections of same category, this particular one has been also developed by a group of hackers with their primary objective to trick more and more innocent users and earn huge Online profits from them. GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware often infiltrates the targeted device by stealth and then starts performing malevolent activities in the background.
How Does This Crypto-Threat Encrypt Your Files?
Initially, this notorious parasite injects its vicious codes in distinct PC’s locations and grabs complete control over the entire system. After that, it performs a deep scanning of all the folders in search of the data that are in its target list and locks them at the end. It uses a powerful cryptography to encrypt the targeted files and makes them totally useless. This nasty parasite has ability to infect almost all types of files including images, videos, music, documents, presentations etc. and hence, it’s a really a big hazard for the Windows devices. Files locked by GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware can be easily identified because it appends a unique extension with each of them. All the infected data become completely inaccessible and can be only opened by using a decryption key that is kept on attackers’ server.
What is The Purpose Of This Malware?
As we have already mentioned, cyber criminals specially developed this crypto-threat in order to extort huge amount of illicit revenues from the victimized users. And therefore, following successful encryption, it starts blackmailing you for the decryption key stating that to get the necessary decryptor tool and open the locked data; you need to pay an amount of ransom money to the attackers. The ransom amount is not clear yet but it is supposed to be in the range of $200 to $1000 that has to be paid in BitCoins or any other digital currency. GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware also gives you a limit of 72 hours to make the payment otherwise all the compromised data will be deleted permanently.
Should I Pay The Ransom?
This perilous malware doesn’t leave any option to you other than dealing with the hackers but still, we highly advise to not make any sort of payment to the criminals. According to the reports, such types of scammers normally ignore the victims after taking the ransom or provide bogus software in the name of decryption key which only harms the machine upon getting installed. So, never trust on the hackers and find any alternate way to restore the infected files. For this, you can use a genuine third-party file-recovery application or if you have a recently made backup, you can easily retrieve them back. However, the first thing you need to do here is to remove GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware from the machine as early as possible because the longer it remains inside, it keeps infecting your other crucial files.
Other Malicious Acts of GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware:
This hazardous parasite changes the default registry settings by making vicious entries in boot section and gains automatic activation with each Window reboot. It messes with important system files that are essential for smooth computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working normally. It can be also responsible for the penetration of many other Online infections in your PC since it exploits the security loopholes and opens backdoors for them. Apart from locking your crucial data, GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware also creates tons of junk files in the hard drive of the machine which consume enormous amount of CPU resources and slow down the overall PC performance drastically. It brings many other pernicious issues in the work-station like hard drive crash, data loss, boot errors, software failure, application malfunctioning and so on.
Distribution of GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware:
Opening spam email attachments, visiting phishing web portals, clicking on spiteful links or misleading ads, exploit kits, fake software updates etc. are major reasons behind its infiltration. Therefore, it is necessary to be very attentive while surfing the web and avoid getting in touch with these perilous sources to keep the device harmless and secured. Ignore suspicious mails coming from stranger. It may contain bogus stuffs that are automatically dropped inside once you open the attachment. But, at the moment, just follow the simple steps given below and eliminate GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware from the machine without wasting any time.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware
Process B: Automatic Method to delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses