Easy Way To Remove DefendSearch.com
DefendSearch.com is another notorious web domain that has been classified by security experts as a browser hijacker program for the way it sneaks into the Windows PCs and its actions inside. Initially upon getting into your device, it replaces the browser’s default settings such as home page, search engine and new tab page with itself and also installs several ‘helper objects’ on the browser to prevent the settings from being restored. Acquiring complete control over you web activities, it starts interrupting your Online sessions with bothersome ads and frequent redirects. DefendSearch.com displays attractive commercial contents and other forms of advertisements on each web page you visit and makes your web browsing very complex and problematic.
DefendSearch.com: Malicious Properties
The sole motive of the hackers behind developing this nasty PUP is to boost traffic for third-party websites and make quick revenues from novice users. Ads delivered by this threat include sponsored links by clicking on which, you are redirected to unknown web portals that are trying to increase their popularity and gain more visits. This notorious hijacker keeps rerouting your browser to third-party websites all the time for which, owners of the domains pay commission to its developers for the promotion. However, DefendSearch.com may also lead you to phishing web portals where you are forced to install bogus software or buy worthless products.
In order to get automatically activated with each Window reboot, this perilous malware makes spiteful entries in boot section and changes the default registry settings. It ruins vital system files which assure smooth computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working in an appropriate manner. It displays fake update notifications stating that your Java Player is out-dated and needs to be updated quickly to avoid serious threats. You are also given an update link but we strongly advise to not tap on it. Remember, DefendSearch.com just tries to make you fool into installing bogus software so that the scammers could get access to the system. The moment you click on the given link, an infectious program gets downloaded automatically.
This hazardous PUP deactivates all the running security measures and opens backdoors for more nasty infections. It may easily bring other Online infections such as rootkits, worms, spyware, Trojans etc. in your computer and turn the device into a malware-hub. It eats up huge amount of CPU resources and slows down the overall PC performance drastically. Presence of this vicious virus in your device can be a big threat for your privacy too as it is able to track your web activities, collects your personal and sensitive information and share them with hackers for evil purposes. DefendSearch.com alters critical DNS configuration and restricts you from visiting some of your desired web pages.
Distribution of DefendSearch.com:
Similar to many other perilous infections of same category, it is also normally distributed through software bundling technique along with freeware or shareware programs. It is attached with third party applications as an additional tool and manages to settle down on the PC during the installation of main software. So, it is necessary to choose Custom/Advanced settings instead of the ‘Default’ one and deselect the unwanted tools that look suspicious. In case your system is already infected with DefendSearch.com, you are strongly recommended to remove this hijacker from the work-station quickly.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall DefendSearch.com from infected Windows PC
The elimination of DefendSearch.com and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete DefendSearch.com opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate DefendSearch.com from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for DefendSearch.com associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with DefendSearch.com and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select DefendSearch.com and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End DefendSearch.com and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall DefendSearch.com from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out DefendSearch.com and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for DefendSearch.com and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out DefendSearch.com and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove DefendSearch.com from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by DefendSearch.com and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete DefendSearch.com (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for DefendSearch.com and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with DefendSearch.com and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete DefendSearch.com instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall DefendSearch.com
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses