How to remove Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up
Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up appears on your browser screen when the system has been infected with some potentially unwanted app. The infection could occur when you install some free- software by using some untrustworthy websites/links. This article helps you to get rid of the threat and Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up from your browser and the device.
More about Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up
Dear BT Customer Congratulations is bogus advertisement that appears as a pop-up on the browsing screen such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox etc when the PC has been infected with some potentially unwanted program. The pop-up comes in all shapes and sizes appear on the big screen. It appears all the time till you click on it. It offers discounts, deals, free games or other eye-catching products according to users’ Interest.
Once click, it will redirect into some third party products/websites that might attach with some malicious scripts design to download and install other malicious malware. Therefore, you should avoid clicking the Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up that appears on the browser screen. Simply, ignore it. However, the ignoring it not just enough as it will appear all the time. In order to remove Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up from the browser, you must remove the associated adware virus that causing it.
Risk associated with Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up
Potentially unwanted program basically designed to promote web traffic around some commercial website and generate quick revenue. However, the threat can slowdown the web browsing experience and also create other browsing related issues. Apart from this, it can collect the browsing related data and later on sends it to remove server control command and control by the developers.
The evil minded people will misuse the collected details including IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages URL and search history etc. The data tracking could result into huge risk of privacy and identity theft if such details get in the hand of potent Cybercriminals. Thus, it should be better to remove Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and the associated malware from the system as soon as possible. We recommend you using some reputable antivirus scan to remove the threat with an ease.
Stay away from untrustworthy sources
The route cause Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and other malicious advertisements is some potentially unwanted program inside your PC. The infection could occur when you do not pay much attention while surfing the Internet. You must need to avoid any untrustworthy sources such as free software, spam email attachments, misleading ads, fake software updates, torrent websites, peer-to-peer file sharing and other malicious websites and links. You should also stay away from any uncontaminated USB drives and other crash media devices (CD, DVD or flash drive). Use legitimate websites, or direct links for any software downloads. Always use Custom/Advanced settings of installation process to avoid any unwanted app with regular software/app downloading and installation process. The Custom settings would help you in detecting any unwanted app at the installation moment.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.
Methods to uninstall Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Dear BT Customer Congratulations pop-up
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses