Tips To Remove Bitcryptor Ransomware
Bitcryptor Ransomware is a new dangerous file-encrypting malware that is an updated version of CoinVault virus. Once this perilous crypto-threat successfully infiltrates your PC, it encrypts your crucial files and data of various types including .jpeg, .gif, .txt, .docx, .doc and so on and makes them completely inaccessible. It uses AES-256 cryptography to lock the targeted data and appends a unique extension with each of them. Initially upon getting installed, it injects its malicious codes in distinct PC’s locations and acquires complete control over the entire device. After that, it starts performing unethical acts in the background and locks the each targeted data. Following successful encryption, Bitcryptor Ransomware puts a ransom note on the desktop which informs you about the unpleasant situation and also provides the file recovery instruction.
The ransom note states the following message:
BitCryptor – Your personal documents and files on this computer have just been encrypted. The original files have been detected and will only be recovered by following the steps described below. Click on “Show encrypted files” to see a list of files that got encrypted. The encryption was done with a unique generated encryption key (using AES-256). This means the encrypted files are of no use until they get decrypted using a key stored on a server. This server will only release the key if the amount of Bitcoins (displayed left of this window) is send to the Bitcoin address shown on the left of this window. Each time the timer expires the total costs will raise with the starting price. After the purchase is made, please wait a few minutes for confirmation of the Bitcoins. You can check whether the Bitcoins are confirmed with the ‘check payment’ button. After payment and confirmation your keys will appear in the text boxes. After that your simply click ‘start decryption’. Your files will be decrypted and restored to their original location. You can decrypt one files for free, using the ‘Decrypt one file free’ button. You can easily delete this software, but know that without it, you will never be able to get your original files back.
What Is The Motive Of This Ransomware?
This hazardous crypto-virus states that if you are interested in getting back access to the locked files again, you need to pay a ransom amount of 1 BTC to the attackers that is approx. equal to $240. It also gives you a limit of 72 hours to make the payment otherwise all the locked files will be deleted permanently. However, whatever the circumstance might be, you should not consider dealing with the hackers because they are never going to decrypt your files even after taking the ransom. Instead, you need to focus on removal of Bitcryptor Ransomware from the machine as soon as possible because the longer it stays inside; it keeps infecting your other essential data until you fulfil its authors’ demands.
As far as restoring the compromised files is concerned, you should use a genuine third-party data-recovery application or if you have a recently made backup, you can easily retrieve them back. Due to the presence of this hazardous malware, you will have to deal with many other spiteful issues like frequent system crash, hard drive failure, data loss, boot errors, application malfunctioning and so on. It exploits the security loopholes and allows other Online infections and viruses to invade the machine as well and cause more damages inside. Bitcryptor Ransomware eats up huge amount of memory resources and slows down the overall computer performance drastically.
Distribution of Bitcryptor Ransomware
Spam emails campaign, freeware downloads, peer to peer network sharing, fake software updates, Trojan etc. are prime reasons behind its infiltration. Aside from this, clicking on vicious links or risky ads, visiting harmful web domains etc. may also lead your PC to get infected with such perilous crypto-viruses. Therefore, it is highly required to stay away from these vicious sources to keep the device harmless and secured. But at the moment, just follow the simple steps given below and eliminate Bitcryptor Ransomware from the machine as without wasting any time.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.
||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Bitcryptor Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Bitcryptor Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Bitcryptor Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Bitcryptor Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Bitcryptor Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Bitcryptor Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Bitcryptor Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Bitcryptor Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Bitcryptor Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Bitcryptor Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Bitcryptor Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Bitcryptor Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Bitcryptor Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Bitcryptor Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Bitcryptor Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Bitcryptor Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Bitcryptor Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Bitcryptor Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Bitcryptor Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses