Know how to remove ProMediaConverter Ads with an ease
ProMediaConverter or ProMediaConverter Promoter supposedly claims to provide a feature that allows users to convert their files as their wish in different file formats such as audios, videos and etc. According to its advertised, this tool converts the files directly from a users’ browser. Cyber Security experts categorize it as a potentially unwanted application due to the following reasons:
- It can intrude in a PC without users’ permission
- It feeds users with various advertisements
- It gathers the browsing related data
You could install it by getting attracted by its feature. In a case, if ProMediaConverter is inside your browser, you must need to operate full system scan to avoid major risks.
How did the infection occur?
Potentially unwanted programs like ProMediaConverter are distributed via the most common bundling method. In the deceptive marketing bundling method, users are tricked into downloading/installing the software that is hidden with unwanted apps into the download or installation setups of that software. The users do not pay much attention at the installation moment. Because of this reason, they unfortunately download the unwanted app with the software download.
In future, you should opt for Custom/Advanced option instead of the recommended/quick mode of installation process so that you will be able to detect and delete any unwanted app. Further, be choosy for the site that you use for the download. Rather than any suspicious websites/links, use some reputable, reliable, legitimate, official websites and direct links. Using some powerful antivirus is also necessary to block any suspicious contents on the Internet and keep up-to-date the installed apps and security measures.
More about ProMediaConverter Ads
ProMediaConverter comes under adware category of computer virus. Its main aim is to redirects users to suspicious websites and display annoying and intrusive advertisements. It injects on the homepage or tab page of the browsers, downloads various extensions on the browser, and changes the crucial settings of the Window registry and the browser settings and this way it gains the complete control over the browser. The browser starts misbehaving showing multiple redirects to suspicious websites and displays/opens surveys, coupons, banners, pop-ups and so on.
ProMediaConverter Ads promote the developers’ products and services. Thus, you should not click any of such ads even if they look attractive and legitimate. If you make a click, you will be redirected to those pages that certainly scam you into opening some malware laden pages or attach with some malicious scripts that download and install some malicious virus.
Furthermore, ProMediaConverter has data tracking feature. It can record the data such as IP addresses, URLS of visited websites, entered search queries, Geo-locations, and other similar information. The adware developers can share such details to potent Cybercriminals who misuse it to generate revenue. These evil people misuse the details to generate revenue.
Remove ProMediaConverter Ads
To avoid the browser’s redirect, redirects to questionable websites, unwanted ads and pop-ups, issues of privacy and other browser’s misbehavior, you must need to remove ProMediaConverter Ads from the browser and the system. Beware at the time of removing the threat that the browser extensions should also be removed from the browser to permanently get rid of the intolerable browser activities and the suspicious system background processes. The complete steps to remove ProMediaConverter Ads from the browser and the system are provided in the article at the end of the post. Follow it carefully to remove the threat and lead the browser to its stable state.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.
Methods to uninstall ProMediaConverter Ads from infected Windows PC
The elimination of ProMediaConverter Ads and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete ProMediaConverter Ads opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate ProMediaConverter Ads from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for ProMediaConverter Ads associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with ProMediaConverter Ads and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select ProMediaConverter Ads and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End ProMediaConverter Ads and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall ProMediaConverter Ads from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out ProMediaConverter Ads and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for ProMediaConverter Ads and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out ProMediaConverter Ads and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove ProMediaConverter Ads from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by ProMediaConverter Ads and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete ProMediaConverter Ads (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for ProMediaConverter Ads and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with ProMediaConverter Ads and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete ProMediaConverter Ads instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall ProMediaConverter Ads
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses